Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I got it!

I finally have a digital SLR camera. I haven't bought the lens my friend recommended yet, I thought I'd play around with my current lens first and get it after I'm more familiar with the camera.
I promised to show her the first picture I took and here it is.

It's my daughter's hat. Nothing special about the hat, I just wanted to make sure that sexy little gadget really was an SLR. Looks can be deceiving sometimes, you know? But well, it is the real thang. See how the curtain at the back is blurred? That's the same effect you get when you look at it with one eye, hence the name 'single-lens' reflex, aka SLR. That's about the only thing I know about my camera right now. But it's all gonna change. I've signed up for the free basic camera training it comes with, and after taking a few pictures, I'm getting the hang of it... more or less... just don't ask me what f-stop means.

The second picture I took was of, naturally, the owner of the hat.

Extremely overexposed, blurry and badly composed, but I love that expression. Although, anything that isn't a frown or an angry look from a terribletwoyearold is greatly appreciated.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww so cuteeeeeeeeeee!!!

from auntie rina